Tuesday 27 May 2014

Chaos

Why is life so chaotic? Why can't it be peaceful, flowing like a gentle breeze, gurgling like a stream or just flowing smoothly across the sky like the clouds in a movement of serene beauty?

Because it is life! Life is never gentle, smooth or flowing. At least not in my household. It crashes through the day, bringing incidents through the front door from a haphazard world. Not only that it blasts through the walls of the house in an ever flowing competition to see what can disturb my peace of mind. 

Children, bring their own flavour of chaos. Each different, each demanding their own brand of need and all wanting love, attention and money now! And adding to the mix a husband who is complicated and loyal, trying to understand a world that is noisy, full of challenges and stressful. His childhood occupied himself, so there was no one else to fight with or smooth his edges. 

Life is full of ingredients, some rough, some smooth, but always a combination to keep you on your toes and guessing how to make the best of the situation. 

Without God in it, it would be a mishmash of coincidences to foil the mind and bring little understanding of a chaotic existence. Only God can bring peace into the storms and calm the raging seas. His hand is there waiting to take hold of ours; but so often we stay stubborn and adhere to our answers to the questions of life, clinging onto hurts, anger, jealousy, pain and stoic philosophies adamant that we do not need God. And when we do not get answers, or the answer we want we declare there is no God or that he has done us some injustice and we can't be doing with that. 

God is my friend in the chaos, He is in control, at least He is when I allow Him to be in the situation. I talk to Him, tell him everything. My prayers are sometimes quiet, but often yelled out, when I think He is not listening. I think He probably laughs a lot at my predicaments, which are often man made. But He never puts me down or hides from my ridiculous escapades. If I look carefully He is united with me in all the messiness. But He cares. I am special, and my mix is unique. He made me, folded in all the ingredients carefully so that I could face the chaos of this world walking with Him at my side. His Spirit is the secret ingredient, quietly waiting for us to discover Him, so that this rather ordinary cake takes pride of place at His banquet.  







No comments:

Post a Comment